ATCs For Sept. Swap
I started with 110lb. cardstock for my background and sprayed Dylusions spray ink over the whole piece. Next I used some rubber stamps to create more layers. Finally I rubbed Black Soot Distress ink through a piece of drywall mesh. This was cut into ATCs and I glued on crochet circles and some imperfect buttons. These are now ready for the local Sept. monthly ATC swap.
I found some videos on YouTube for a project that some called a cupcake journal, and I liked the idea. All of the ones I saw were made from purchased lace doilies, but that just wouldn't do for me, so I started looking for crochet patterns. Unfortunately, since I haven't done much crochet for quite awhile my pattern library has lots of knit, but the crochet seems to be hiding from me. I purchased a lovely book in April "99 Little Doilies" by Patricia Kristoffersen and got started. The brown flower on the front cover is the only one that did not come from this book,it is part of a purse pattern from Piecework magazine by Interweave. The largest doily in my journal measures 6.5inches in diameter and it is all held together with a binder ring with ribbons and lace ties on.