We are continuing with the Byhandartists Quiltie swap in November and this time there is a theme of Christmas/Winter. I used a linen-look fabric sample and placed a small piece of furry yarn along the right edge and stitched the mesh part down with 2 cut glass beads. The furry stuff with mesh is Starbella Arctic which is a knitting yarn for making ruffled scarves. I appliqued a green silk flower with the same beads and the a red flower attached that with drizzle and beaded drizzle stitches which I just learned. I am quite happy with the results, but since I have some other ideas I want to try I am not sure if this is the one I'll mail out in November, we'll see.
On Byhandartists Yahoo group we are having a quiltie swap so we make 1 four inch square quilt and embellish as much as we like and then send to our partner as assigned by the hostess Therese. My partner is Therese and it went in the mail today.
Tied Binding Blank Books
Here are 3 more handmade books I made I July. All the book covers are painted watercolour paper and the pages in the first book are painted mixed media paper. The second book has some printer clean-up paper for some of the pages. The fibre is place along the score line and the pages are glued together to make a double thick page. The pages are then stacked together and the fibres tied to the next set until all are joined. For the third book I wondered "what If I stitched through the pages" so I tried that and then tied the pages together as with the first 2 books, but this time only the covers are painted watercolour paper and the rest of the pages are printers clean-up paper and are not glued together.