I have played with some ideas for pocket letters until I was introduced to Art Journal Pockets by Tangie Baxter. This is the first art journal pocket page I have completed. I struggle with using ready made backgrounds and am just starting to try lettering. I had fun using sheet 115 from Tangie Baxter's Art Journal Pockets free workshop and here is my travel pocket page results. I used a Spellbinders enhancing elements oval to emboss some of the cards and rubbed metallic wax on the raised areas. I used oil pastels to outline the cards and some of the elements.
I've managed to play a little with the starter pack and boy is there a lot of lovely stuff in there. I used RM101 and RM103, a quote that came to me watching an inspirational movie mixed in with changed up song lyrics and phrases from scrapbook paper. There is also ink, acrylic paint and washi tape on my page. I have almost completed another page with the 9 cards from the two sheets.
This is the second page set I did with the other pieces of RM101 and RM103 that I didn't use the first time. I used the "For this day" quotes again and plan to send this one away soon.
Here is another sheet done with RM103 again. This time I added paper cord made from chocolate bar foil and some torn pieces of the foil. I stamped words from a typewriter stamp set onto the white layer of paper napkins and glued them on with decoupage medium. I am loving doing Art Journal Pages.
This is my fifth and final for now Art Journal Pocket page. It is done with a collage sheet available from Tangie Baxter's Art Journal Emporium subscription. I used an ultra fine black Sharpie marker for my journaling and outlined or underlined some of the words with a turquoise Crayola washable marker. I used two sizes of Spellbinders Enhancing Elements Gold Ovals One to emboss 2 of the cards and rubbed Inka Gold purple on the top right card and turquoise antiquing wax on the lower left card.
I had these journal covers started awhile ago but felt they needed something more. Then came Tangie with great collage sheets and here is my result. I started with recycled cardboard from tissue boxes, added some tape and pieces of torn paper from one of my gellie prints. Now I have added pieces from the collage sheets, punched with my Rubicoil and added 2 layers of cereal cardboard. These are nice thick covers that will be a composition sized junque journal for my sister.
I also tried my first video and I hope you like my beginners start.