ATCs For Sept. Swap
I started with 110lb. cardstock for my background and sprayed Dylusions spray ink over the whole piece. Next I used some rubber stamps to create more layers. Finally I rubbed Black Soot Distress ink through a piece of drywall mesh. This was cut into ATCs and I glued on crochet circles and some imperfect buttons. These are now ready for the local Sept. monthly ATC swap.
Mother's Day Card
Since my Mom isn't connected I can go ahead and post the card I made yesterday. I'll be able to deliver it to her in person this year. For this card I dug into my old untraded ATCs and glued a suitable one to some textured navy cardstock and glued that on the front of a blank greeting card. The inside is created digitally. The envelope is made from scrapbook paper.
Today I am describing my process for creating this mandala and turning it into an Art Journal Pocket Page. I used 3 small rubber stamps to create the circle. I scanned the stamped image and printed on watercolour paper then coloured with Portfolio Pastels and blended with my water brush. I again scanned the colour image, trimmed it a bit and cut to 2.5 in. X 3.5 in. to make a series of trading cards that makes up the Art Journal Pocket Page.
Owls Of Winter ATCs
I worked on ATCs for the Jan swap and my idea happens to work for Carolyn Dube's January challenge to use something that would be thrown away. I used a bunch of stuff that might normally be thrown away. I started with owls from the candy cane package and used other parts of the packaging for backgrounds. I also used ribbon, "snowball beads", and pieces of the hat from Christmas crackers. The hat is the silver bits run through an embossing folder. The white paint was applied with a blob of hot glue I used as a stamp from a fabric sample book I took apart. The white dots were added with a Sharpie paint pen and I I added some washi tape to some of the cards.